Deputy Club Manager
Maggie & Rose Kensington
£30,000 per year
Maggie & Rose Family Members’ Club is an inspiring haven for families to come together to eat, play and learn.
With clubhouses located in London, Hong Kong and Mainland China, members can enjoy energy-busting play areas, creative classes and healthy all-day family dining in the most beautiful of spaces.
We are looking for a Deputy Club Manager to join our team at our Kensington Club. The role is for day time only, in a fun and inspiring environment. Our Kensington club is where the Maggie & Rose magic began – offering unparalleled experiences for little ones in a space that grown-ups and our teams can enjoy too.
Alongside the Club Manager, our Deputy Club Managers are the beating heart of our clubhouses. They are experts in member experience and commercial superstars who build relationships with the Head Office team. They are active managers, focused on making their location the home from home our members expect, and most of all are the encyclopaedias of all things Maggie & Rose.
Our Deputy Club Managers are part of the glue that keep our clubhouses delivering an amazing experience to all our members, new and old. This role supports the Club Manager in both member facing and back of house operations including:
- Staffing and day-to-day running of the clubhouse
- Delivery of exceptional member experience
- The face of the club for members and staff
- Lead on the marketing, selling and execution of events
- Supporting the Club Manager with achieving member satisfaction and responding to any member complaints
- Responsible for the maintenance and repairs of the clubhouse; be the 2nd pair of eyes seeing the clubhouse as a Member would and raising concerns to the Club Manager
- Lead in actioning safeguarding concerns and escalating appropriately
- Collaborate with the Club Manager to gain a full understanding of the clubs profit and loss; analysis and a positive approach to identifying solutions and opportunities
- Drive activities that increase margin and profitability and reduce costs across all revenue streams
- Joint line management responsibility for the staffing team; recruitment, training, development and performance with a focus on developing consistent Member experience
- Support the Club Manager in all aspects of health and safety and safeguarding aspects
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience in a premium/luxury environment where member experience is at the forefront of operations
- Multi-disciplined team leadership experience (front of house, nursery practitioners, chefs)
- Positive approach to leadership and team development
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience in junior or duty management role
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels
- Tech-savvy; advanced Microsoft Office and an inquisitive mind for; CRM & POS systems and Salesforce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Wider external business interest, inquisitive nature, mental agility and able to think commercially
- An analytical approach to work, problem solving skills and initiative
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- Excellent time management skills and prioritisation
- Ability to work as part of a team, build strong working relationships and manage multiple stakeholders
What we offer
We offer competitive salary of £30,000 per annum, career progression and a fun, supportive and creative environment to work in, as well as some great benefits including:
- Day time only shifts, scheduled between 8am and 8pm
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays, plus 1 day extra for each completed year of service up to 33 days)
- Your birthday off
- A free hot drink and meal on every shift
- Employee of the Month & Hero of the Quarter incentives
- Free membership to Maggie & Rose
- Discounted food & drinks, classes and kids parties
- 2 parties a year
- Refer-A-Superstar Scheme
- Free confidential Employee Assistance Programme
Maggie & Rose are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
We take safeguarding seriously and follow safe recruitment procedures. A DBS check will be required for this role.
Fill out the form below and a member of our team will get contact you soon.
"*" indicates required fields